Best View : FireFox v.3 - 1280 x 800
Soliloquist's Blog : All Conversations are One-Way.

My Favourite Posts, Pick One :


Thursday, December 14, 2006

If One of us was an Angel

Here's the day you hoped would never come. Don’t feed me violence, just run with me through rows of Speeding Cars. The paper cuts, the cheating lovers, the coffee’s never strong enough. You know I think it’s more than just bad luck.

I wished that she had said, “There, there, baby. It’s just text book stuff. It’s in the ABC of growing up. Now, now, darlin’, [oh] don’t lose your head 'cause none of us were angels and you know I love you, yeah.

Suicide pills, no sleeping dogs lie never far enough away, watching you glistening in the cold sweat of guilt. I’ve watched me slowly winding down for years. I can’t keep on like this. Now is as bad of time as any.

But can’t I remember she says, “There, there, baby. It’s just text book stuff. It’s in the ABC of growing up. Now, now, darlin’, Oh don’t kill yourself 'cause none of us were angels but you know I love you, yeah.”

[Ohhhh… Ohh.. Ohh oooohhh Ohhh…Ooohh Ohhhh..] Ah.. Aaaaaaa…… Ahhhhhhh Aaaaaa.. [Ohhhh… Ohh.. Ohh oooohhh] Aaaaaaa. [Ohhhh… Ohh.. Ohh oooohhh] Haaaaaaa. [Ohhhh… Ohh.. Ohh oooohhh] Aaaaa….


[In spite of all…]

It’s okay by me…
It’s okay by me…
It’s okay by me…

It’s okay by me…
It’s okay by me… [ it was all right with me, it was all right with me ]
It’s okay by me…
Pretend that it was a long time ago.

There, there, baby. I’m telling you it’s just text book stuff. I was the ABC of breaking down. But now, now, my dear, please don’t kill yourself 'cause if one of us was angel, you wouldn’t know that I love you. [yeah]

No comments:

Post a Comment