Best View : FireFox v.3 - 1280 x 800
Soliloquist's Blog : All Conversations are One-Way.

My Favourite Posts, Pick One :


Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Best 5 American TV Series Ever

This entry is about The Best 5 American TV Series Ever, well, at least for me. They are not listed as in "Top Five" style, since they're all really really good. Think of them as equally great.

I really love following American TV Series, because through them I can learn and love so many things, from their lifestyles, their humors, their great country and culture (unlike mine), and their genius ideas. I have been following many shows out there, and after I did a little research and thinking, these five are the best amongst all.

Hope this entry entertains you. I know it does for me. ^.^

***

Will and Grace


Will and Grace title-card

Will and Grace is a popular Emmy Award-winning and Golden Globe-nominated sitcom on NBC. The first time I watched this show, it reminded me of Friends alot. But then as I kept watching and falling in love with Will, Jack, Grace and Karen, it turned out this show was totally different from Friends. The bottom line is that I never enjoyed a show that's as fun as this. It's so addicting that I bought and ordered all the eight seasons in a heartbeat. I've never done anything like this before. Salute to Will and Grace!

Memorable Quotes :

[Grace tries to start a car, but it just clicks]
Grace: That's weird. Will, what do you think is wrong?
Karen: Oh my God. She just asked a fairy an engine question. We're all gonna die in this car!
Will: Karen, you're not going to die. It would take a silver bullet and a wooden stake to do that.

Grace: Are you flashing that woman?
Karen: She started it!
Grace: She's nursing!
Karen: That explains the little bald man.

Karen: Hey Poodle.
Jack: Who's your daddy?
Karen: You are.

[Jack is angry with Karen]
Karen: Hi, poodle.
Jack: Mm. How are you?
[to Grace]
Jack: Hi, Grace. Who's your daddy?
Grace: [confused] His name is Martin Adler.


Memorable Running Gag :

"Honey, what's this? what's happening? What's going on?" --- Karen Walker (download the wav)





Funny Moments in Will and Grace



Friends


Friends title-card

Friends is an Emmy Award-winning sitcom on NBC about a group of six Manhattan-ers Ross Geller, Rachel Green, Chandler Bing, Phoebe Buffay, Joey Tribbiani and Monica Geller. This is truly my first sitcom, first American serial TV, first show I love. With their super-funny lines, cracking jokes, creative story-telling, memorable drama, and unforgettable experiences, this can easily be my favourite show of all time. It's never a dull time to watch Friends over and over again, because the laughter, as Phoebe said, is infectious.

Memorable Quotes :
Phoebe: They don't know that we know they know we know.
--
Phoebe: [singing]
New York City has no power
And the milk is getting sour
But to me it is not scary
'Cause I stay away from dairy
--
Chandler: You know what's weird? Donald Duck never wore pants. But whenever he's getting out of the shower, he always put a towel around his waist. I mean, what is that about?
--
Joey: The question, Rachel, is this: does he like you? Otherwise, it's just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: You know, like a cow's opinion. It doesn't matter. It's moo.
Rachel: Have I been living with him too long, or did all that just make sense?



Last words of the series
:
[Last words of the series.]
Rachel: Do you guys have to go to the new house right away, or do you have some time?
Monica: We've got some time.
Rachel: Okay. Should we get some coffee?
Chandler: Sure. [pause] Where?
Memorable Running Gag :

"Hey, How you doin'?" --- Joey Tribbiani (download the wav)




Friends Most Funny and Memorable Moments

24

24 is an Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning series on FOX. It's a terrorist-killing, innocent-torturing, justice-straightening absolutely awesome action drama series of all time. I first watched the show, back in season one in Indonesian cheapy television SCTV. They only showed its first season only. But since I was already in love with Jack Bauer (er... it sounds wrong), I went and bought all the six seasons. Right now, I'm waiting for its seventh season which was delayed due to Writer's Strike. Can't wait to see Tony Almeida's return as the antagonist.



24 intertitle



Memorable Quotes :
Jack Bauer : I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life.

---

Jack Bauer : The only reason your conscious is because I don't want to have to carry you.

---

Jack Bauer : Do you trust me? DO YOU TRUST ME!



24 cast in Emmy Awards



24 season 7 preview

Heroes


Heroes title-card

Heroes is an American science fiction drama series on NBC. It's a comical adventrous exciting funny and addictive series for me. I've followed its story completely, having quite in love with the characters and the ideas of the series, the brilliance of their imagination, and the shocking cliff-hangers in the end of every episode. It's hard not to like this show. Though the second season was a bit disappointment due to --- again --- the writer's strike, I have an optimistic hope for the third season. It will be great!

Memorable Quotes :
Hiro Nakamura : Save the cheerleader, save the world!
--
Peter: You're on the wrong side!
Nathan: What about me, Pete?
Peter: Nathan?
Nathan: Am I on the wrong side, too?
--
Sylar: I'm back.

--
Nathan: You saved the cheerleader, so we could save the world.




Heroes Volume 3 preview from Jules Verne Festival Part 1



Heroes Volume 3 preview from Jules Verne Festival Part 2


Grey's Anatomy


Grey's Anatomy intertitle for season1

Grey's Anatomy is an Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning American primetime medical drama on ABC. Its casual jokes, accurate medical details, soul-warming drama, heart-pouncing action, and the funny repetitions of the word "Seriously", are some of the many reasons why I love this show. I am in love with the characters, such as the "dark and twisty" Meredith, the optimistic "Oh-I-loved-Denny-but-now-I-love-George" Dr. Izzie Stevens, the "Nazi" "Don't-you-ever-think-you-can-get-around-me" Dr.Bailey, the one and only "McDreamy" Derek, and so much more... (McSteamy, McBaby, McVet, etc). I'm very exciting in waiting for its season 4 DVD. Hope the writer's strike ends soon.

Memorable Quotes :
Burke: Cristina, I could promise to hold you, and to cherish you. I could promise to be there in sickness and in health. I could say 'til death do us part, but I won't. Those vows are for optimistic couples, the ones full of hope. And I do not stand here on my wedding day optimistic or full of hope. I am not optimistic, I am not. I am sure. I am steady. And I know I am a heart man, take them apart, put them back together. I hold them in my hands. I am a heart man. So this, I am sure. You are my partner, my lover, my very best friend. My heart, my heart, beats for you. And on this day, the day of our wedding, I promise you this. I promise you to lay my heart in the palm of your hands. I promise you, me....

Addison: I think I speak for every woman here when I say... dump her. Dump Yang and marry me.
--
Izzie: If you tell me any more crap about heading towards the light or looking down on me from heaven, I swear, I will kill you myself right now. [Gasping a little]
Denny: [tears in his eyes] Izzie... [Pause] I'm gonna be alright. [Shaking her head in disbelief] Alright, you don't have to worry.
Izzie: What about ME? What about me when you go into the light?
Denny: Izzie—
Izzie: No! I get it, OK? I get it! You'll be OK, you'll be fine, but what about me?! So don't do it for yourself, do it for me! Please? Please, Denny! Please do this for me! Because if you die—Oh, God! You have to do this! You have to do this for me, or I'll never be able to forgive you!
Denny: For dying?
Izzie: No! For making me love you! Please? Please, do this—
Denny: Come here.
Izzie: Please do this for me? OK? Please? OK? I can't do this if you don't, please! Do this for me! Please?!
Denny: OK. OK, I'll do it.
--
[voiceover]
Meredith: Human beings need a lot of things to feel alive.
George: Family...
Cristina: Love...
Izzie: Sex.
Derek: But we only need one thing...
Burke: To actually be alive.
Cristina: We need a beating heart.
Addison: When our heart is threatened...
Alex: we respond in one of two ways.
George: We either run or...
Izzie: we attack.
Chief: There's a scientific term for this:
Alex: Fight...
Addison: or flight.
Bailey: It's instinct...
Meredith: We can't control it.
Izzie: Or can we?


Credit of this Image : zash_mchotie on Flicker





Best Moments in Grey's Anatomy



***


That's all for the best five. These shows below are great too, and they are the only ones who almost sneak their ass in "The Best Five" :P

1. Prison Break
2. The OC
3. Smallville
4. Nip/Tuck

But at least they're in "The Best Ten".

Ok. I'm out.

Cao.

.

1 comment:

  1. Hics...

    was Ally McBeal in the list?

    wish I could make ally in the list (well..i must admit that the fourth and the fifth season were degrading than the previous three)

    but, still, you've choose F.R.I.E.N.D.S in ur top five list. hehehehe....love Phoebe and Chandler so much^^

    ReplyDelete