Best View : FireFox v.3 - 1280 x 800
Soliloquist's Blog : All Conversations are One-Way.

My Favourite Posts, Pick One :


Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nowhere to go, Everywhere to be

Eleven days! Haha... Yep! Long time indeed. I don't want to put my blog in the rarely-updated state, but it seems like I have failed. I was so busy and so caught up in many things that I actually didn't have time to update this blog.

Mostly I was busy teaching and adventuring with my best pal, Erick. The latter, I enjoyed the most. I and Erick went to every place we could think of, (minus Sate Padang in Veteran and PasaRame in Thamrin due to the lack of time) and many places we couldn't even think of going, like the places I'm about to show you below.

We called up our old friends Wulan Dari and Catherine. We plan to meet in Sun Plaza, a place where any sane Medanians would go for a hang out, that is until they die of boredom. The point is, there aren't many places in Medan for us to go and hang out. We thought about where to go for hours, and we just drove around with no real destinations.

Of all the places there in Medan, we've thought of going to Sun Plaza, Merdeka Walk, NAV Karaoke, K2 Karaoke, Cemara Asri, Cemara Hijau, Cambridge Hotel, Berastagi Supermarket, Polonia Airport, and even Berastagi itself, which lies about 55 kilometers from Medan.

Wulan and Erick really considered to go to Berastagi, maybe not all the way, perhaps just until Sembahe or Pintu Angin, but still it's a long way to drive. But we ended up going to a new place we'd never been before... a new complex in Padang Bulan, called Citra Garden.



We had absolutely no purpose as to why we went in there. We just drove inside. When the security asked us what our purposes had been, we said confidently : "We want to see houses... we're interested in buying one".



That did it. They welcomed us pleasantly, not knowing any better.. hehehe..



So we went inside, but there was nothing inside except a family house which has a closed tennis court, a swimming pool with lots of people inside, and a tranquil cafe in front of a grand statue of soldiers, I think.



You got what I mean after seeing those comical pictures I edited earlier, right? Hehehe...

Here's the statues...


This picture was really funny. Wulan pulled Erick like a blank paper, and Erick was just pulled sideways like that.. Not intentionally. Hahaha..


Can you tell with what software I was editing this picture? Hover your mouse here.

Haha..

And do you know how time-consuming it is to edit pictures like that? That's why these pictures below weren't edited anymore. I just didn't have all the time, and these are a lot of pictures...

Hehehe..

Have you ever heard the saying : "A Picture worth a thousand words" ? Then these pictures must equal several thousand huh? Let's just enjoy pictures, shall we? I'll just comment here and there.



Citra garden was a short visit. We just spent time there camwhoring and toiletting, hahaha.. and now we went back to the car.

The journey continues...



We're back to square one, wondering where to go. On my and Cath's advice, we went to Cemara Asri, though we had no idea what to do once we got there.

And suddenly we're in the middle of a giant temple in Cemara Asri, the very one I went to in my last day of 2008.



So we took a look around.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We didn't forget to memorize the moments, digitally.


See? that's me doing the Hitler!

Photobucket
Curved waists, do you notice?


Being there the second time, I couldn't help but notice there were many places there I hadn't even seen the last time I went there.


That's Erick, he posed so politely.

I, on the other hand, always love some crazy pose...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Actually, this picture was supposed to be taken only one time, but Erick took it twice, hence the blurry hands on the second one..

I saw that, and I thought I could combine them to be a Gif file.

Ok, I should pose more... what's the word... un-crazily... hahahaha


And then Wulan took Cath's picture and Erick and I took Wulan's picture while taking Cath's picture... hehehe... see how productive our days were?


And do you see a monster hidden next to Wulan?

let me make it clearer for you...

.
.
.
.
.
.


See? It was wearing a yellow shirt.

And now the best picture that day...


This is the best picture by Erick Yang's Camera AutoCapture Feature.

The one that followed :


I know, I couldn't stop acting crazy.. It's in my blood.

Then we went back to our car. But we thought we ought to capture the temple's building one last time. So here they are :





And Oh Yeah.. We had our lunch in Sushi Tei. The food was OK, and I ate too much sea-grass that I wanted to puke.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Erick went back to Bandung, today. He contacted me right before he took off, saying goodbye, and that we will meet again in one year on his sister's wedding. Thank you Rik. This one is for you.

Like always, hanging out with a member of els, and old friends from school is contentiously fun, filled with laughter and adventure.



I wouldn't miss it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment