Best View : FireFox v.3 - 1280 x 800
Soliloquist's Blog : All Conversations are One-Way.

My Favourite Posts, Pick One :


Thursday, December 07, 2006

Another Day

A n o t h e r D a y





Lie to me
say that you need me
that’s what I wanna hear
That is what
what makes me happy
hoping you’d be near
All this time
how could I know
within these walls
I can feel you
Another day goes by
you never know just wonder why
You made me feel good
made me smile
I see it now and I
can’t say it’s gone that would be a lie
Cannot control this
this thing called love

You must think how can this be
you don’t really know me
I cannot tell
this ain’t the time
you’ll never be mine
What can I say
something about my eyes
I just lost again
Another day goes by
I never know just wonder why
You made me feel good
made me smile
I See it now and I
Can’t say it’s gone that would be a lie
Cannot control this
This thing called love

Always have to move on
to leave it all behind
go along with time
Another day goes by
Never know just wonder why
You made me feel good
Made me smile
I See it now and I
Can’t say it’s gone that’d be a lie
Cannot control this
This thing called love
Oh…Oh…..

Just now, when I was wondering how to start my new post, this song popped out, and its first line caressed my ear. Softly yet deadly. “Lie to me.”

Another Day is performed by Lene Marlin, who I have adored for some time now. This beautifully sad song reminds me the most about my life back in Jakarta. Two years ago. 2004. Everything was like coming back to me. I could smell the air in my old house in the late afternoon, when I listened to this song through my walkman and just walking along the roof against the soft wind and the feeble glow of the sun. That was some time of peace and loneliness, and for the first time of my life tonight, I miss it. [Being lonely in that different way.]

(Lene Marlin)

“Lie to me”, she said. “Say that you need me, that’s what I wanna hear.”

I would have agreed and disagreed several times now. Is it so painful that you wish him to lie to you? Isn’t it going to be even more painful this way? To realize that he’s lying to you? Either way, he doesn’t need you. And she doesn’t need me, too. At this point, I don’t know if that’s what I wanna hear.

The rest of this song is so into me now. I before, was trying to spell the words out, about what I feel. Found it hard, as always. ( I don’t know why.) But this song has done that all just that. This song is describing what I was really feeling at the things I wouldn’t even dare to admit. Every line, each word.

So here you go, I will tell you now, everything.
Lie to me. Say that you need me, that’s what I wanna hear (or at least I thought I did)
That is what… what makes me happy, hoping you’d be near. (There’s not one second in my everyday I don’t think it this way.)
All this time how could I know? Within these walls, I can feel you. (I do now, and that’s really excruciating. I wish not to.)
Another day goes by.
You never know, just wonder why
You made me feel good, made me smile.
(Have u ever wondered why?)
I see it now and I can’t say it’s gone that would be a lie
Cannot control this, this thing called love.
(I don’t know if any man on earth can control this, if he was like me.)

You must think how can this be?
You don’t really know me.
I cannot tell. This ain’t the time.
(I really don’t want this as the reason I cannot tell, because believe me when I say that I really wanted to. But it’s true. This is NOT the time. And I don’t know when the right time is. I guess everything has to go down in time.)
You’ll never be mine. (…)
What can I say, something about my eyes
I just lost again.

Always have to move on, to leave it all behind and go along with time. (Oh shit, this is really happening… No.. I don’t want to.)
(Lene Marlin)

Another day goes by
Never know just wonder why
You made me feel good
Made me smile
I See it now and I
Can’t say it’s gone that’d be a lie
Cannot control this
This thing called love

1 comment: