Best View : FireFox v.3 - 1280 x 800
Soliloquist's Blog : All Conversations are One-Way.

My Favourite Posts, Pick One :


Sunday, August 17, 2008

Top Ten Places I'd Like To Go Before I Die

Yap! This is me, blogging more seriously! Hehe... This is the list of my favourite places around the world, the ones I have not been in, where I will be someday when "my ship comes in". Let's start from number ten, shall we?

***


10. The City of Aspen, Colorado, USA

This is a place where mountains are everywhere you look. I've been wanting to be there and experience the coldness first hand ever since I saw the movie Dumb and Dumber, back when I was in Junior High. It'll be a vacation of a lifetime, especially in winter. So beautiful and cold. I love ski resort. I love snow. :D

Aspen Downtown :



Aspen Ski Resort :D :



9. The Statue of Liberty, New York

I've always loved America and its cities. New York would be the top of my list of their most-wanted-for-visit big cities. I also love Manhattan, very like to see a lot of things, from Wall Street, Central Park, Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden, Battery Park, Midtown, Long Island, Hudson River, until The Statue of Liberty. I want to go up the statue, either to take pictures there, or to jump off and kill myself.

Heh, Kidding!



Manhattan buildings seen from Hoboken :


Manhattan, from above :


New York viewed from South :



8. The World Archipelago, Dubai

The World is a man-made archipelago of 300 islands constructed in the shape of a world map and located 4 kilometres (2.5 miles) off the coast of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It's one of the great achievements of mankind, making their own artificial islands from all around the world. It's under construction though, but I'd like to see that later. If possible, I want to buy some islands too.. Hahaha....

Model :


That's "Palm Island", on the left and right, also in Dubai :


Current development :



7. Tokyo, Japan

Tokyo. Of course you know Tokyo. And of course I want to go to Tokyo. The reasons are : their technology, their cultures, their pretty girls and all of their lifestyles. In some ways, it interests me enough to want to see it in person. Besides, it's the origin of great works like Naruto, Detective Conan, One Piece, Death Note, and others.

Pictures from Tokyo:



The People and their lifestyles :


The Infrastructures :


6. Switzerland

No specific places, I just wish to see the country. And seeing how this place ranks at number six, this must be a really cool places from what I've heard.



Back to snowy places. This country is in Western Europe. So far away from Indonesia. I always mention Switzerland whenever a friend asks me what country I'd rather go beside America. So, here are the pictures :

Ohh.. beautiful :




Oh, have I mentioned that Switzerland is one of my happy places?

5. NASA, and the chance to see Earth from space.

I don't need to explain any further on this. Ever since I watched movies like The Contact or Armageddon, I really want to have a chance, someday, to visit this marvelous US Agency, to learn a lot about space, and to experience it first hand.



Want to see their activities :


Want to go up there in their satellite :


I want to see Earth from a place like this :


Want to experience Zero Gravity :


4. Jules Verne Restaurant at Eiffel Tower, Paris.

It's a restaurant located under the Eiffel Tower itself. We can go up in an elevator and dine in the Tower. Wouldn't it be nice, huh? I researched some pictures of it. Take a look :D






As for the tower itself, I find it very beautiful!



3. The Telectroscope, London and New York City

The Telectroscope is a piece of installation art with a visual high speed broadband link between London and New York City constructed by Paul St George in May 2008. It's like a giant telescope that enables you to see what happens in the other side, one in London and one in New York City. See the pictures and tell me how cool is that! That's why this piece of art makes its way to number 3 of my list.

The Telectroscope in New York :


The Telectroscope in London :



New Yorkers at the Brooklyn Bridge seen through the telectroscope :


The Drill used to make its way to the other continent :


How the telectroscope works :


The Link between the two apertures :



2. The Harry Potter Theme Park in the Universal's Islands of Adventure, Orlando Florida.

Universal's Islands of Adventure is a theme park located in Orlando, Florida.The park's overall theme is that of a journey of exploration, where guests depart from a main port on an "inland sea" to visit five "islands," each having its own distinct theme, but all emphasizing fun and adventure. A planned sixth island, to open in late 2009, will be based on the popular Harry Potter franchise. The twenty-acre island will feature attractions, shops and restaurants set inside such locations as the Forbidden Forest, Hogsmeade Village and the iconic Hogwarts castle. Ground breaking began in 2007, with completion of the expansion planned for 2010.

I love Harry Potter, so like hell I'll miss this park. I love Orlando, since it's Backstreet Boys' hometown. This is probably the place I will visit first. But hey! This theme park is only at number two! What's on number one? ^-^

The Logo and The Entrance Tower :


The Model Theme Park of Hogwarts :


The Model for Hogsmeade :


Harry Potter Shop :


The Under Construction Site :

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

.

.

.

.


And now, for the number one place I'd like to go :











1. The Millau Viaduct, The Tallest Bridge in the World

The Millau Viaduct is a large cable-stayed road-bridge that spans the valley of the River Tarn near Millau in southern France. It is the tallest vehicular bridge in the world, with one mast's summit at 343 metres (1,125 ft) — slightly taller than the Eiffel Tower.

This bridge is featured in Mr. Bean's Holiday movie. I am totally fascinated by the length, the height, and the massiveness of it. It will be a fantastic experience just to ride there with my friends and loved ones, having the wind stroke my face, seeing the fantastic panoramas or even touching the clouds. Yeah! It's so high that clouds cover the bridge from time to time.

See it below!







While it's under construction :




Crossing the Bridge Video :

So, That's it!

Ten Amazing places I want to be... What do you think? Tell me!

Hm.. Someday I'll see it! Someday... Someday... ^_^v


***

4 comments:

  1. omg.. this post is cool! hahaha... actly i want to give you more comment but i m working now.. T_T but it is totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. some of those pleces are same with my fave. about jules verne? heve u read jules verne books? i think it's amazing for it's time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queenz, write more! Hehehe...

    Anon, I know of the books, but never read them... I think they're mainly science fiction, right? Probably read that someday soon, since I also like Science Fiction stories. I'm glad to know there's somebody out there who may have the same taste as I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Numerous individuals need to fuse a logo into their custom mark plan. Counting a logo on your custom names will give your business or item an expert edge. logo design service

    ReplyDelete