Best View : FireFox v.3 - 1280 x 800
Soliloquist's Blog : All Conversations are One-Way.

My Favourite Posts, Pick One :


Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Oh Your God, I watched MOVIES

When I think about my last-nights, I sure will be thinking of the movies I've watched. Cuz hell, has this world become so boring that I actually ended up watching movies? Oh, shit. I'm babbling.

Anyway, this is some of the movies I've watched and remembered.




Perfume - The Story of A Murderer





Perfume


Actually, this movie is adapted from the best-selling novel by Patrick Süskind, Perfume (1985). I've been searching all this time for the movie cuz I myself have owned and read the novel. It was a great story of a perverted-genius who became a murderer in order to create the best perfume in the world. Jean-Baptiste Grenouille was born lacking a personal odour but endowed with an incomparable sense of smell, he apprentices himself to a perfumer and becomes obsessed with procuring the perfect scent that will make him fully human. In the process, he creates perfumes—presumably based on pheromones—that powerfully manipulate human emotions, murdering 25 girls to take their scent.

The movie is directed by Tom Tykwer, and starred by Ben Whishaw (Grenouille), Ben Whishaw, Alan Rickman (who also potrayed Snape in Harry Potter movies), and Rachel Hurd-Wood. It was released in 2006.

What I like about the movie. It presented the dark journey of Grenouille awesomely and accurately. The movie was quick-paced, serious, and quite in-your-face kinda thing. Certainly doesn't suit to teenage viewers or younger. It contains of harsh and gruesome scenes of murders and sex. The way they made the orgy scene was incredibly stunning. I couldn't believe the actually show that scene. Athough it's an important scene throughout the movie, but still. Awesome.

Here's more pictures from Perfume.




Uh Uh

Yo, what are you reading, *****?

Ben Whishaw

[This is Ben Whishaw, brilliantly potrayed Grenouille as a true killer-genius]

Novel's cover

[This is the Perfume Novel Cover which exists in Indonesia only. My own copy is like this. I kinda like this artistic cover. It's hard to find a bigger picture than this one. Sorry.]




Patrick Suskind

[Patrick Suskind]






The Butterfly Effect 2






This is the other movie I watched. Not great, to tell you the truth. It's basically following the previous success of Butterfly Effect which starred by Asthon Kutcher and Amy Smart. The story is still about time-travelling to the past, change it, and then find your future had been altered. The story should be more creative and mindnumbing than the previous one. But because it's not, then I shall tell you that it's a bad and worthless movie. Don't watch it.

Dun watch me

This you can watch






Children of Men






This is another movie. It's boring. The movie moves very slow and slow... You'll die. Believe me. The story isn't bad. When the humanity can't reproduce anymore due to the infertility outbreak in 2008 or something, the world is dying and is in warfare between the government and the rebellous immigrants shit that I don't totally get. Meanwhile, Our King Arthur Clive Owen must save and protect the last pregnant woman on earth from being murdered by a bunch of guys with guns. I don't get it, when all the soldiers and war-dudes see the new-born baby, then they all stand still and become unfiercely war-less. And then, as Clive Owen passes them, they start to shoot each other again. I mean, WTF. If they aren't gonna kill the baby and the girl anyway, then why should bother protecting her in the first place.

Anyway, the only reason I want to see this movie is because it's a work from Alfonso Cuaron, who directed Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban with such a brilliant touch. But I am quite disappointed with Children of Men, maybe 70 out of 100.

Oh what a movie. TEEEET! BORING







Finally, I ended up watching American Pie. The first one. I shall continue with the next ones tonight. Shit. I am watching movies. Fuck! Did you hear that? So much for today.

Classic

I'll see you in the next post, which may be more cheerful than this one. CaO.

1 comment:

  1. movie review?

    Gosh, I dunoo what sud I write in this comment. coz usually after watching movies, my comments are either good, cool, brilliant or boring. It is just 1 word to describe the movie.. lol. I am not like you, describe in such a long words in lots paragraphs.. =P

    I sud watch perfume, but lol you say it is kinda horrid so.. i better think twice.. =P
    butterfly effect 1 i watch lo, but i dun rili like it.. haha.. it is wasting my time.. hmm.. seems like our taste is not rili much alike. hehe

    wakakaka.. you say you wanna online at 4pm? mana lu?

    JacQ

    ReplyDelete