Best View : FireFox v.3 - 1280 x 800
Soliloquist's Blog : All Conversations are One-Way.

My Favourite Posts, Pick One :


Friday, December 05, 2008

To be Known and To be Missed

In the third season of Grey’s Anatomy, Addison said something about being disappeared and unnoticed. If I were gone, nobody would notice it.” She said something like this. At the time, she was lonely, she didn’t know what to do with her life, and she didn’t have anyone to dream about.

But then Alex Karev said to her that he would notice. He would notice if she went missing.

In the eighth season of Friends, Ross said something to Joey, something that lingered in my mind. He asked him, “Have you ever been to a party and felt like nobody would miss you if you weren’t there?

How nice it would be to know that there’s somebody out there who thinks about us? To miss us when we’re gone? To wish that we’re there? To let us know how they feel about us?

Yeah, it’ll feel great to have an Alex-Karev-like kind of friend. It’s always great to have someone, like the thing that’s happening to me. I’ve come to realized that, that someone out there notices me. That’s why I come along with their plan, even though I didn’t really agree on that. Because being alone is not somewhere I wanna be again, and it feels so good to know that I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment