Best View : FireFox v.3 - 1280 x 800
Soliloquist's Blog : All Conversations are One-Way.

My Favourite Posts, Pick One :


Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Melody Bings Bangs Bongs

Merry Christmas! Or I'd say so in the next 7 hours. It's Christmas again already. One year of 2008 seems to be vanishing in the speed of light. How fast time can go sometimes you just can't comprehend. Many things change. They change you, change your friends, and change your lives. Nobody can stay still in this current of life for long.

Michael asks me to attend a Christmas party of his church's. As an atheist myself, I don't usually go to any religious party like these, but lately I've changed many things about my way of living. I may not be a Christian, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy Christmas. I like Christmas. And this year, I'm buying my first Christmas present ever. My friends --- who I'd only discovered this year --- arranged a Secret Santa kinda thing, except it's different. I don't know who will receive the present and I also have no idea whose present I will get. It's the combination of excitement and confusion which convinced me to go along with this present-exchanging party (I refused to join initially).

Yesterday was a great day. I watched that Keanu Reeves movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still" with two persons I had just known. I'm different now, I can feel it. I like it! :D

Not too recently, I was introduced to a cute girl. I saw her picture and I just beamed. There's something inside me that tingled. Some weird sensation as if it's telling me that this girl would play a part in my life, and that she would be important. I decided to follow my inner instinct. We introduced ourselves via the internet. I talked to her several times, and after the third time we're chatting, I'd almost given up on her because she was so rude while she's speaking. She seemed to be so arrogant and childish and that resented me very much. I didn't see any hope, so I rested myself. I tried to ignore her.

But then she nudged me again. I replied her messages with no apparent excitement. Like a corpse talking. Yes. No. Uhuh. I was just so tired of her.

But as she continued talking, I couldn't help but notice that she's having a very bad time. And somehow I was the one person to whom she was talking at that moment. I thought that perhaps she was different from my first impression after all. How much could you tell via a messenger conversation?

So I gave her a chance, but I still annoyed her intentionally by reminding how rude and cruel she was to me. But our relationship started from there. At this point, I am still trying to get to know her.

Sometimes things just happen, don't they? Some are good, some are unexpected. And some might just blow your mind away.

No comments:

Post a Comment