Best View : FireFox v.3 - 1280 x 800
Soliloquist's Blog : All Conversations are One-Way.

My Favourite Posts, Pick One :


Sunday, October 26, 2008

An "I Knew You When" Friend

Everybody normally has lots of "I knew you when" friends... I myself have several friends from my past.

Take Rudi Laut for example. He's a friend of mine, but now I haven't ever heard from him again. I knew him when he's still a twelve years old kid. I knew him when he's singing Michael Jackson's "Heal The World" confidently in front of the class in our junior high. I knew him when I met him in Jakarta at my old college. I knew him when he became an unofficial priest and went to different places to spread his gospel. I knew him when.

The sad thing is that I don't know him now. Like I said, I haven't seen him around lately. Haven't heard of him.

But I know that he's a great friend because he's one of my oldest friends and I knew him since I was a kid.

The phrase "I knew you when" isn't as bad as "You are so forgotten", or "You're history." When you have friends now in the past and in the present and you still see them everyday... still in touch with them... you can use the best scenario for that phrase...

Take these girls for example...



and these guys too..



some times you just know that they are not just the "I knew them when" friends...



probably because they made a good impression the first time we met...



or probably because we just click...



or it's possible that we're all being brainwashed by someone for some reasons.



but for whatever it worths...



AT this point I know one thing...



We are here for the long road.

Because I knew them when we had fun together, and I know that we'll always be there for each other.

PS : The photo studio sucked real time :D See how ugly those edits are.





No comments:

Post a Comment