Best View : FireFox v.3 - 1280 x 800
Soliloquist's Blog : All Conversations are One-Way.

My Favourite Posts, Pick One :


Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year's Beginning

[Forgive me for the lack of pictures these days. Last night, I really didn't take any photos, no matter how regretful I am now]

It's constantly on its way
, time, I mean. And today is already January 1st, 2008. Eight. I can't believe another year has passed by when I have not changed that much... It makes me notice things I did and didn't do last year.

Everybody wants to have a good closure everytime a year ends and then they start doing their resolutions for the new one.

Should I do that too?

I think I should, but not a very strict resolutions so that they won't weigh my conscience in the times to come.


1. Be more happy, OK?

2. Keep updating this blog. Don't ever abandon her.

3. Get over Cy. I know I have been saying to myself that I have moved on, not thinking about her again. But when new things happened and something big happened about her, I know I still cared for her a lil bit. That's not good. I must get over her, completely.

4. Find a girl I like.

5. Lose more weight. I can't believe I say this. I can't even believe I think of this. But yes, sadly, I am being to fat for my own sake. I think I start becoming real fat ass since the beginning of "the stress" I had months previously. Then I joined a gym but only for a month. After that, I wished very much to go there again, but I had no time because I had to teach. Now that I've laid off some work from my schedule, it's still an absurd thing for me to go to gym. I need more free time.

6. Find, Track, and Buy Will and Grace season 2, 3, 4, 5, and so on. Ok. It's a promise. For the information, Will and Grace is the most difficult TV series for me to find until now. I've searched in many places in Medan but they didn't have its second season DVD. I can't download them because "I'm in Indonesia". I need to think outside the box to find them, but I promise I will.

7. Think of a new job, much better suited for me. A job that I really like to do. A job which defines who I am. A new job where I can meet new people, new friends, new life. Damn, this is a hard one.

8. If it's possible, this year, I want to buy a notebook, preferably the ACER Travelmate, the one I've locked my eyes on months before. I hope the price's decreasing a bit, so I will be able to have it. Hehe.. Wish me luck.

9. The usual wishes : Find new friends, join new club, find your soul mate.

10. Complain less, about Indonesia, PLN, suicide, loneliness and my usual pathetic life. I can't really promise, but I think I can manage to not complain much about Indonesia and PLN anymore, though. Last night, midnight, PLN had us blackout for several minutes. I was furious like usual... "perfect timing!" I said. But they seemed to have overcome the electric crisis I think.

11. Save more and more money. Triple and Triple, no.. quadruple my account in the bank... We really need money in this life.

and

12. Just be Happy, Man. I deserve it. I know I do.


So last night I kinda lied.


I am always a fan of old and ... ok, I'll say it... Old and New. I used to spend my Old n New with my close friends, Erick, Buchan, Jimmy, Dabin, A Liang, Riwan, or someone else. I always encourage them to enjoy and celebrate the last day of the year. I always love it.

Last night I was having a momentous break down because I truthfully didn't have anything planned. It felt kinda pathetic to admit it. But it's so painful to think that everybody's having their "night" while I was having my "night". Know what I mean?

But as capricious as my last 2006's Old and New, I ended up spending my late Old n New in Never Land. Yeah... That's right. No kidding.

I was in Never Land before we (that is to say I and Novi) went to have dinner at Cemara Asri, the one place most of Medan Lang are heading for every year. It was so crowded. It was a very good day, weatherly speaking. It was so cliche. Everybody went to that place and watched fireworks play, some with family, some with friends, some with their lovers. EVERYBODY was doing something to cherish the last night.

I came there, and all I could think about was how much I missed going inside Cemara Asri again because the last time I was in there, it was like four or five years ago, when I was in highschool with my friends. I had some unforgettable memories there. I remember I used to eat burgers while talking and relaxing with our el_se7en friends. Cemara Asri is one of my happy quite place, one of my favorite place, and it's one place I would like to go there over and over again.

But last night, it was so not my happy quite place. It's more like my happy noisy oh-so-noisy place. But I had fun, great dinner (could be the best Omelette I had in years), and great time. It was a nice closure after all. Like I said in my previous post before... Thanks Novi for accompanying me these days.

At the end of the day (or more like : at the end of the year), all you did was contemplating how everything turned out for you until this very second. How your life has changed. How your people have changed. Some of your friends have graduated, some have worked and been fired. Some of your friends have found their love one. Some of your friends have started relationships and commitments. Some of your friends have even got married (scared I was, everytime I heard one of my friends were getting married when I didn't even have a girlfriend). Some people change. I, on a slower track, do too. I just have to keep my eyes open. Not everyday is the last day of the year.



Sometimes it's just a normal day of the year.



Or sometimes it's the first day of the year.



Now, 2008. What are you going to do to me?



.

No comments:

Post a Comment